Thursday 25 August 2011

Session 4 Reflection ( 25th August 2011)

Session 4 -  25th August 2011
Dr Yeap took us again. He’s a math magician!! I really liked the number game, the  2 digits one… wow ! I am so impressed he can really dissect and find patterns. Dr Yeap, its cool stuff that game!  You are a mind reader. And the saying communist teacher always makes me laugh hahah…  Mathematics curriculum explores to do things in different way, NO ONE WAY, we are not COMMUNIST  TEACHERS! I like that. :)
Also, I learnt that it is important to expose our students to different variations of the problem. And we were taught of 3 important people’s names ZOLTAN DIENES who is still alive and a century old. And yes I remember Mr Jerome  Brumer, the CPA approach guy and Mr Howard Gardner, the Multiple Intelligents guy!
And therefore, Math is not about repetition, children will learn well when given variant of the same idea!!

2 Digit Trick Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment